You will find below my recipe for Corned Beef and Cabbage as done in a crockpot. This year the task will be going to my sister-in-law, Susan. The crockpot has already been dropped off at her house.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 hours
8 carrots cut into chunks
2 large onions, chopped
2-3 lb. corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
12 oz. can beer (non alcoholic is fine)
2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
8 wedges cabbage
Using a 4-6 quart crockpot.
- Add carrots and onions.
- Rinse corned beef under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in crockpot and sprinkle with contents of seasoning mix.
- Pour beer over brisket and spread mustard on brisket.
- In small bowl mix brown sugar with water and pour over brisket.
Cover crockpot and cook on low setting for 11-12 hours.
- slice beef across grain in thin slices
- remove vegetables from slow cooker with slotted spoon and serve with beef.
- serve cooking juices over the food. (don’t forget the “juice” or certain family members will be quite upset)
Remember the mustard and horseradish on the side for those who need a little more ZING!
Serves 8 hungry people or more. Enjoy!