iPhone Geocaching with
Groundspeak’s Geocaching iPhone Application
- Direct access to Geocaching.com’s database of worldwide geocaches
- Search by current location, address or lookup code
- Access geocache details, including description, hint and recent logs
- Save geocache listing for quick retrieval
- Log geocache finds and post notes in the field
- Filter your hides and finds from the Geocaching.com search results
- Navigate to geocaches with a simulated compass arrow
- Look up trackable item detail, including item goals, while on the trail
- NEW Tweet your new iPhone Geocache finds thru Twitter!
iPhone Geocaching How it works
The iPhone 3G uses a combination of GPS, Wi-Fi positioning and cell towers to determine your approximate location. Groundspeak’s iPhone Application then queries the Geocaching.com database in real-time and provides a list of geocaches near you. The application can also geocode addresses, search using a location from your address book, or look up a geocache or trackable item by it’s GC (Geocaching.com) code.